How we hire
Our interview process is designed to show what life is like at Beacon. We want candidates to feel they can ask questions along the way.
Here’s a short breakdown of the steps, and some tips.
Step 1: Apply for a job with us
- Review our available jobs using the search button to discover teams and locations that match your criteria.
- Select the job you’d like to apply for.
- Follow the prompts to enter your contact information, covering letter and CV
- Tip: your CV will be the first thing we look at, so double check that the details on it are up to date.
- Over to us. Our in-house recruiters will review this first part of your application. We’ll get back to you within one week about the next steps.
Step 2: Meet a recruiter
- Once a Beacon recruiter has been in touch the two of you will have a short introductory call. This is the chance to talk through any role-related questions, or to find out more about what working at Beacon’s like.
- Tip: All interviews are currently being conducted remotely, so make sure you have a good internet connection!
- Tip: it always helps if you read a bit about Beacon. Check out the rest of our website, LinkedIn and Glassdoor to learn more.
Step 3: Interviewing with the team
- Meet the hiring manager. This will be your first chance to learn what can be expected day-to-day in this role. This will also be our opportunity to find out more about you!
- Complete a task or case study. At this stage in the process we’ll invite you to complete a task in your own time, relating to the role.
- Tip: make the most of the time given and check what you’re submitting against the job description. This task will be assessed in line with our expectations of the role, so show us your best work!
- Panel interview. These conversations will be held with three team members you would work with, if successful. The panel interviews are geared towards you understanding more about us, and us seeing if you connect to Beacon’s core values.
Step 4: Feedback
- After carefully reviewing each part of your application, our recruiter will email and arrange a call to share feedback.
- We always aim to do this within two days of your interview. Sometimes it can go faster, or slower, but we’ll give you an idea ahead of time.
Yes, it’s possible to apply for more than one position. But our recommendation is that you pick the opportunity that sounds like it really suits your interests. If during the process a different role seems more suitable we will discuss this with you.
The whole process can take between two and five weeks from start to finish (we classify ‘start’ as when first you apply). For various reasons, timelines can sometimes shift slightly, but we’ll always aim to keep you informed so nothing comes as a surprise.
We recommend applying for the role which your skillset best matches, but if you’re unsure, do ask us during the first recruiter call.
Currently Beacon does not offer an internship programme, however it’s something we are looking at. Do keep an eye out for future updates.