Build, develop and implement our world class procurement and fulfilment strategy with a focus on air freight supply. A collaborative and relationship focused role thatt enables growth through scaling our supply network.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Build, develop and implement a world class air procurement & fulfilment strategy.
- Build & manage relationships with new and existing carriers and agents to negotiate contracts including SLAs, rates, payment plans, capacity, etc.
- Propose and monitor KPIs to ensure strong performance and delivery for our customers and continuously seek opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with our product, operations and sales team to build amazing on-boarding & allocation processes for our air supply network.
What you'll need:
- At least 6 years experience working in air freight with demonstrated experience in air freight procurement management and performance management.
- An existing network of management-level industry contacts.
- A positive, customer-centric approach to solving problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Desire and motivation to build – given that we are a start up there are plenty of opportunities to influence and shape our operational strategy.
- Hyper-organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and written capabilities.