Drive key account acquisition and world class sales processes across multiple products through customer driven strategy and meaningful relationship development. Enable growth through effective business development, collaboration and proactivity.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- You will drive key account acquisition, as well as best in class sales processes from day one.
- Work smart within your geographical territory, you will identify key strategic clients, seek out the appropriate contacts and sell through a mixture of face to face, telephone or video calling scenarios.
- Understand our clients requirements through effective questioning, surfacing pain/gain opportunities prior to proposing and providing solutions that demonstrate the value behind digital freight forwarding.
- Identify both freight, Saas and supply chain finance opportunities already existing within your designated territory.
- Build a strong, sustainable pipeline and be prepared to carry out regular pipeline reviews, sales forecasts and customer analysis.
- Collaborate with the Tech and Operations teams to inform critical strategic approach and product development
What you'll need:
- Business development experience in Logistics and Supply chain (Freight), SaaS, Financial Products or Management Consulting
- Demonstrable experience of going above and beyond to deliver amazing results and customer experiences.
- Desire and motivation to learn and build – given that we are a start up there there will be lots of opportunities to influence the shape of our sales strategy.
- Bias towards data-driven decision making and problem solving – we need someone who can be hands on and operationalise quickly.
- Organised and strong attention to detail with a positive approach to various challenges.