Assess financial and business information to conduct efficient credit analysis and develop our credit risk strategy as we scale. Develop robust and effective processes that future-proofs our financial products.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you will do:
- Assess financial and business information to conduct efficient credit analysis on new clients, mostly SME focused, and present clear and concise recommendations.
- Help manage regular reviews and monitoring to ensure a risk-leading credit approach.
- Engage with vendors and credit insurers to promote Beacon’s interests and where necessary, challenge their credit opinions.
- Play an important role in developing our advanced modelling in credit and machine assisted decisioning.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in credit risk management, preferably working with smaller corporates or SME businesses.
- An ability to form an effective and confident credit opinion even when working from sometimes imperfect information.
- A strong aptitude with spreadsheet functions, preferably with experience in modelling, macros and data manipulation.
- Interest in the use of data science and ways to leverage tech capabilities to challenge norms and find improved methods.
- Experience with unsecured working capital finance and credit insurance is a bonus but not a prerequisite.