Grow, lead and develop a team of data engineers on data design, development, test and deployment and play an active role in our data platform strategy as we scale.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you will do:
- Hire, mentor and develop talented engineers. People development is a key part of the role
- Grow and lead a team of data engineers on data design, development, test and deployment practices in an evolving data landscape
- Be comfortable finding solutions in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture
- Work with the team to develop a technical roadmap which will enable self service data usage and prioritise work for your organisation
- Invent and develop Beacon’s core data platform functionality, service infrastructure and architecture
- Have the freedom and encouragement to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers and consumers
What you need:
- 1+ years experience managing a team of data engineers within a fast growing organisation
- 5+ years hands-on experience working with data engineering teams building products at scale
- Strong knowledge of data processing and storage architectures, event-driven architecture principles, and continuous development / continuous integration best practices.
- Experience with data pipeline development and support on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or other Cloud infrastructure providers
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming languages
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and ability to explain succinctly complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical people