Lead our global procurement and performance strategy for supply through strong collaboration, partnership and relationship building with supply networks across modals internationally. Play an integral role within our operational strategy that enables us to scale at pace.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a complex procurement and performance management team to bring amazing experiences to our customers in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
- Build and manage strategic supply partnerships with new and existing partners (agents, shipping lines, airlines) who share our vision.
- Translate company objectives and key results into operational targets for your team of Global Supply Procurement Managers.
- Collaborate with our Operations, Business Development and Capacity Management teams to build amazing onboarding & capacity allocation processes for our customers.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 10 years experience working in a top consulting organisation or leading procurement and operations organisations.
- Experience managing contractual performance metrics and external service providers.
- Desire and motivation to build – given that we are a startup there are plenty of opportunities to influence and shape our operational strategy.
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with positive approach to challenges.
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Exposure to logistics, supply chain and marketplace is a plus.