Support and action accounting processes, reconciliations and adjustments, seeking opportunities for efficiency across our team as we scale.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Be supporting the establishment of strong well-controlled accounting processes which are ready to scale with our business.
- Contributing to our month-end financial close process, including bank reconciliations, adjustments and journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong AR process, including the generating of customer invoices whilst working with Operations and Credit teams to ensure AR balances remain in control and customers are paying on time.
- Responsible for maintaining a strong AP process, including preparation of payment runs.
- Contribute to the financial planning process across the organisation, collaborating with the rest of our Strategy & Planning team.
What you’ll need:
- Accounting qualification – likely working towards accounting qualifications. Preference towards ACA / ACCA, candidates with CIMA + relevant additional experience will be considered.
- Experience in a high-growth environment executing on and/or developing finance/accounting processes.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Financial services experience is a plus.
- Experience with accounting tools such as Xero, Receipt Bank, etc. is a plus.