Create, embed and scale our automated financial processes through strong system and technical knowledge, cross-team collaboration and operational ability that contributes to our overall finance strategy as we grow.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- We are at the beginning of our journey with respects to embedding scalable & highly automated Finance processes – you will be the champion of driving this agenda through the Finance team and its supporting stakeholders.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of our Finance & Accounting systems.
- Maintain a high level of data quality and integrity within our core accounting systems.
- Maintain a well-controlled system which is capable of scaling with Beacon as we grow the business.
What you’ll need:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with systems and process mindset.
- Previous experience rolling out a cloud based ERP system (e.g. NetSuite, SAP, Workday, etc.).
- Experience in managing relationships with software vendors would be desirable.
- High-growth & scale mindset – not just thinking about solving today’s problems, but what they will look like when Beacon is 10x the size it is today.
- Eager to learn in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong communication, organisational and project management skills will be critical.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.