Our mission is to become a global leader in logistics and supply chain finance by making trade simpler, more transparent and reliable for businesses.
From our heritage at Uber and Amazon, we bring together a team with deep expertise in logistics, technology and hyper-growth. We are passionate about customer experience and dedicated to drastically simplifying how companies import and export goods globally. We use best-in-class technology including data science, AI & machine learning techniques to drive disruption and efficiency in a centuries old industry.
Do more than you ever thought possible – have more impact than you ever imagined.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible and accountable for providing high-quality and commercially sound advice on a wide spectrum of legal topics resulting from our day-to-day business in the UK, Hong Kong and Europe.
- Lead the research, advice and implementation of corporate structure changes to ensure a scalable and sustainable corporate structure as the business grows in complexity and expands internationally.
- Maintain and regularly review our key standard legal documents & templates such as client contracts, data and privacy policies, terms and conditions, NDAs, etc.
- Establish and maintain Beacon’s contract review process.
- Advise on regulatory, compliance and other liability issues – including management of all external legal relationships.
- Educate the wider business with respect to legal issues, policies and procedures.
- Hire, lead & develop an in-house legal team, including legal counsel and paralegal resources.
What you’ll need:
- As our first Legal hire, you will need to be comfortable with establishing a function & processes to kick-off our in-house legal capability.
- 3-5 years post-qualification with in-house experience at a fast growing start-up. Experience in B2B, SaaS or FinTech, is a plus.
- 2+ years experience hiring, leading and mentoring teams.
- Commercial approach to solving legal problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Strong communication, organisational, and project management skills will be critical.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength.
Salary – Competitive