Be at the forefront of providing amazing customer experiences through management of shipments, proactively solving problems and navigating the complex world of international trade.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for daily shipment operations (air, road, sea and rail), ensuring you are executing in line with specified operating procedures.
- Ensure entries and customs processes are executed for your allocated customers, managing the collection of VAT/Duty payments in line with company policy and procedures.
- Identify and drive resolution on potential incidents or deviations from standard procedure.
- Engage directly with our global customers, their suppliers, and our partners – helping navigate through the complexities of international trade.
- Help to build and implement the operations processes and strategies that drive business growth and efficiency for our customers.
- Collaborate closely with our Tech team to continue to improve our product platform to ensure that we provide the highest quality experience for our customers.
What you'll need:
- At least 2 years experience working in a top logistics, global trade, freight, or supply chain company.
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Desire and motivation to build – given that we are a start up there are plenty of opportunities to influence and shape our operational strategy.
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with positive approach to challenges.