Monitor, update and action updates for our customers on the progress of their shipment – working collaboratively with across our operations team you will play a key role in ensuring that shipments are organised and communicated proactively.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Update and maintain shipping information in our Freight software to ensure the most accurate and up-to-date information is reflected to our customers.
- Dealing with customer enquiries relating to our platform, shipments and deliveries
- Keeping quotes and rates sheets up-to-date for the operations team to reference
- Monitoring key shipment milestones and flagging any issues
- Raising invoices and monitoring payment of invoices
- Checking essential shipping documentation required by customers and suppliers including bills of ladings, invoices, export customs entries
- Assisting in preparing and monitoring the quotation process
- Undertaking various other administrative duties
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience working in customer support or administrative related roles
- Experience working in a top logistics, global trade, freight, or supply chain company is a bonus.
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with a positive approach to challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and a customer-centric approach to solving problems.
- Analytical and numerate with high level of speed and accuracy, with experience in google sheets and microsoft office.