Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute a strategy to scale an industry-leading customer experience
- Manage a team of 5 to design and implement processes intended to help our operations team get goods from A to B using a range of analytics and improvement techniques
- Work cross-functionally to identify the biggest opportunities to improve customer experience, reduce operational effort and costs, identify data and forecasting needs, and implement process or product changes to fix them
- Drive the development of the team’s functional expertise in a variety of process improvement and development techniques, including project management, operational excellence, and problem solving
- Partner with freight and supply chain experts on our operations team to understand the end-to-end customer and supplier experience, and create solutions to minimise inefficiencies and reduce errors
- Work closely with our product team to help develop a pipeline of operational efficiencies & industry-leading customer service
- Support the identification and implementation of process tooling to accelerate growth and analytical insights
- Directly support the design & launch of processes for our Account Management function
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years in process design within operational excellence organisations, with a strong understanding of process design and improvement techniques i.e. Lean, Six Sigma
- 2+ years leading a team of process designers
- Experience in designing and mapping processes, identifying opportunities for waste reduction and efficiency gains – demonstrating the ability to drive best practice across an organisation
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with a positive approach to challenges
- Be able to assess and implement quickly – as a start up our priorities change quickly so you need to be able to implement in a piece-meal approach.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and demonstrated success aligning across multiple teams & senior stakeholders
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems
- Strong analytical skills – creating and analyzing business information, designing performance metrics, deep diving to identify root causes and identify improvement opportunities