Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Develop and implement a world class origin ocean procurement & fulfilment strategy from our APAC headquarters.
- Partner with our UK Ocean Supply team to create global partnerships with key carriers.
- Manage relationships with new and existing carriers to negotiate terms including SLAs, rates, payment plans, capacity etc.
- Propose and monitor KPIs to ensure strong performance and delivery for our customers.
- Own end-to-end incident resolution with carriers and operators, continuously seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with our capacity management, operations, product, and sales teams to build amazing customer experiences.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a top logistics, global trade, freight, or supply chain company with specific exposure to ocean freight networks.
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Desire and motivation to build – given that we are a start up there are plenty of opportunities to influence and shape our operational strategy.
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with a positive approach to challenges.