Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Develop models and produce analytical insight to support the Revenue Management function (pricing and capacity management), for example:
- Use mathematical techniques, such as linear programming, to develop optimization models.
- Use forecasting techniques to predict patterns in customer and supplier behaviour.
- Use analytical methods and statistical techniques to gain a deeper understanding of pricing options.
- Build models that represent aspects of the Revenue Management function to help scenario planning and software development.
- Structure and define approaches to price setting and capacity management. Codify thinking to develop Beacons pricing engine.
- Document requirements to enable software engineers and data engineers to develop long term solutions.
- Identify innovative and pragmatic solutions to Revenue Management issues.
- Set up and test solutions; analyse the output.
- Communicate Revenue Management concepts and the output of your work across the business.
What you’ll need:
- You are experienced in developing and implementing analytical models to business situations.
- Financial and commercial acumen, Revenue Management experience preferred but not essential.
- Really good interpersonal skills: you will be able to communicate with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You are a self starter who can quickly deploy data and analytical solutions that can subsequently be scaled easily.
- You can demonstrate flexibility and creativity in solving problems but are still able to break down problems in a structured way.
- Comfortable working in a cloud environment; experience in Python and SQL is helpful.