Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement Financial and Accounting processes intended to help our finance and operations team manage the complexity of moving goods around the world, using a range of analytics and improvement techniques
- Work cross-functionally to identify the biggest opportunities to improve customer experiences, reduce operational effort and costs, and implement process or product changes to fix them
- Provide functional expertise in a variety of process improvement and development techniques, program management, operational excellence, and problem solving
- Partner with Accounting, Finance, and external Auditor SMEs to understand the end-to-end flow of money, and create accounting policies and control frameworks to minimise inefficiencies and reduce errors
- Execute strategies to scale an industry leading customer experience
What you’ll need:
- 4+ years in process design and/or operational excellence organisations, with a strong understanding of process design and improvement techniques i.e. Lean, Six Sigma
- Experience in designing and mapping financial and accounting processes, identifying opportunities for waste reduction and efficiency gains
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with a positive approach to challenges
- Be able to assess and implement quickly – as a start up our priorities change quickly so you need to be able to implement in a piece-meal approach.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and demonstrated success aligning across multiple teams & senior stakeholders
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems.
- Strong analytical skills – analyzing business information, designing performance metrics, deep diving to identify root causes and identify improvement opportunities using data driven decision making to drive process improvements
- Familiarity with NetSuite is a optional plus