Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network that includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do…
- Cultivate team excellence – Manage and build an inclusive team of product designers that is well-balanced across a range of skill sets – measuring overall team performance and health, managing resource allocation, and project prioritization
- Be a champion of our customer obsession – bring the voice of the customer into everything we do, whether framing opportunities from a ‘user’ perspective, working with the Research team to validate our approach, or helping prioritise product decisions with deep user empathy.
- Coach others to success – Provide mentorship, direction, and leadership support to employees in both personal and organizational goals. Effectively communicate the design team's goals and connect related projects across the company so that we continue to steer towards our vision.
- Facilitate creative workflow – Working alongside other Product leaders to run sessions like workshops, discovery, design sprints, reviews, or critiques that help others gain alignment, feedback, and ensure we’re creating consistent and connected experiences.
- Be a strategic thought leader – work alongside product, engineering, and other business leaders to help define the vision that aligns user needs with business goals.
What you’ll need…
- A track record in leading design thinking across a rapidly scaling product function, developing product design goals, identifying opportunities and outcomes while continuously strengthening relationships with cross-functional peers.
- Experience in modern user-centered design, and a passion for continuously refining best practices for our team.
- Communication skills that help build trust and confidence in your leadership – ensuring the team feels heard and understood in ways that are actionable and continuously improves culture.
- An ability to step back and see the entire end-to-end customer experience, and Product design’s role within the business, with a knack for balancing quality of output over speed of execution.
- An eye for measuring great product design against customer impact & business outcomes
- A framework for honest, empathetic feedback, remembering that our team’s performance is only as good as the weakest player – you’re actively seeking to help others improve by helping them set meaningful growth
- Enthusiasm for working in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment.