Build, develop and implement our world class procurement and fulfilment strategy with a focus on road supply. A collaborative and relationship focused role that enables growth through scaling our supply network.
Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a world class road/haulage procurement & performance management strategy, focusing on UK and Europe
- Partner with our Ocean and Air Supply teams to continuously strengthen our door to door intermodal offering
- Manage relationships with new and existing hauliers and negotiate terms including SLAs, rates, payment plans, capacity etc.
- Propose and monitor KPIs to ensure strong performance and delivery for our customers.
- Own end-to-end incident resolution with hauliers and operators, continuously seeking opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with our capacity management, operations, product, and sales teams to build amazing customer experiences.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a top logistics, global trade, freight, or supply chain company with specific exposure to road freight networks including both container haulage and UK/European road freight
- Customer-centric approach to solving problems and providing best-in-class service.
- Desire and motivation to build – given that we are a start up there are plenty of opportunities to influence and shape our operational strategy.
- Hyper-organized and strong attention to detail with a positive approach to challenges.