Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do:
- Support both internal and external reporting teams by developing and maintaining the reporting semantic layer.
- Help in the current process of designing the Data Warehouse and eventually taking ownership as part of the Self-Serve process from Data Engineering
- Help the data analyst to source external data and store it in the Data Warehouse in a systematic and structured fashion
- Work with the Data team and across the business to establish and cultivate gold standard reporting principles providing transparency and insights to senior leadership and external stakeholders.
- Help with the current work on laying the foundations of a customer facing insights offering leveraging a combination of Beacon and customer supply chain data.
- Help scale insights by close collaboration with technology, operations and sales teams to develop analytical models, methodologies, and reports.
- Identify valuable data sources and work with the Data Engineering team to ingest such data.
- Work to improve the efficiency of data collection, preparation and analysis.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years experience working as a BI or Data Warehouse Architect while using a BI tool preferably Looker (LookML).
- Experience building and designing Data Warehouse tables / Data Mart as part of a team or alone
- In-depth SQL skills and good understanding of Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Preferable hands-on experience of data engineering tools such as Airflow and source control tools, such as GitLab or GitHub
- Experience with analytics and insights as Data Product in a commercial B2B setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a customer-centric approach to solving problems preferably in a Scrum Agile team