Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development, maintenance and evolution of data pipelines and deployments to support Beacon’s data strategy
- Refine Beacon’s cloud native data infrastructure and devops practices
- Expand the Beacon data platform, making our data available to all parts of the business and to our customers
- Mentor and collaborate with other engineers both within data and in other parts of the business to support cross functional working
- Work in an agile manner to deliver data to our users effectively and efficiently
- Be a trusted custodian of the data and metadata that resides in the data platform
- Design ways for users to interact with the data platform and understand our data to promote a truly self service model
- Champion data usage and best practices to support Beacon’s data culture
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a data engineering role
- Experience working across multiple cloud providers with proficient knowledge of GCP and AWS a definite plus
- Skill with SQL and an object-oriented/object function scripting language such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- A background of building scalable data pipelines and databases powered by cloud data products
- Knowledge of how to translate an enterprise data architecture into valuable physical data
- Experience with cloud security including IAM & ACL
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and an ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Data Ninja super powers