Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with others in product, design, data science, research and operations to enhance the understanding of our users and the role technology plays in modern global supply chains.
- Advocate passionately for the user, ensuring the product we deliver is aligned to their needs, and tracks well against our Beacon design principles.
- Challenge yourself, and your teammates, to find the best possible design against complex requirements and our ever growing capabilities of servicing a global marketplace.
- Elevate the user experience of our existing web platform, other touch points such as email & chat, as well as through any next generation technologies enabling business automation, integration and forecasting.
- Deliver interface designs that balance simplicity, intuition & user value against the speed of execution. If perfect is the enemy of done, great design is about knowing what is enough.
- Mentor and work with other designers in applying best practices throughout Beacon.
What you'll need:
- Creative confidence – You’re at ease working at many levels of fidelity, whether wire-framing, making mockups or polished prototypes based on constraints of time, quality, and resources.
- Design chops – Well versed with the modern design stack (Sketch or Figma), collaborating with others on a project, as well as contributing to, and effective use of, our maturing design system.
- Balanced execution – You have good judgment when making trade-offs between experimental rigour and the need to deliver. You’ll stay within bounds when it makes sense to do so, but push us further when something could be improved.
- Proven experience – A minimum of 5 years working in the design and delivery of great technology solutions. It's not enough to make things beautiful; our team focuses on simplicity and seamlessness, streamlining technology products to make a meaningful impact.
- Great communication – Ability to, both verbally and written, communicate design decisions in a way which are easy for others to follow, and able to respond or give actionable feedback.
- Technical understanding – You know about the technologies used to build and operate digital services, especially for the modern web. You know what developers need to deliver against your designs, and you collaborate closely with colleagues in different digital disciplines.
Please provide a link to an online portfolio of recent work as part of your application.