Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a team of data scientists productionising and deploying ML and AI models, including NLP models, that power Beacon’s customer and operations platform.
- Drive MLOps best practices.
- Guide a team of software engineers on software design and development best practices in a service-oriented environment.
- Take the lead in shaping Beacon’s software architecture, especially around ML and AI.
- Define Beacon’s technical hiring strategy and mentor a team of talented engineers.
- Have the freedom and encouragement to create and innovate on behalf of our customers.
What you’ll need
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong background of deploying AI/ML models into production applications such as creating training & inference pipelines/workflows and deploying at scale.
- Experience deploying AI/ML in a startup environment.
- Experience of driving MLOps best practices.
- Hands-on experience developing commercial software products
- Strong knowledge of service-oriented development, micro-service architecture principles, and continuous development / continuous integration best practices
- Experience with service development on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or equivalent Cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience in Java, .NET, C++ or other object-oriented programming language
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and ability to explain succinctly complex technical issues.
- Have a passion for building simple, elegant software solutions.