Our mission is to become a global leader in supply chain logistics and finance by making international trade simpler, more transparent and reliable for businesses.
We bring together a team with deep expertise in logistics, technology and growth. We are passionate about customer experience and dedicated to drastically simplifying how companies import and export goods globally. We use the latest technologies across cloud & AI to rethink a centuries old industry and bring efficiency and sustainability to our customer’s supply chain.
Join us as we transform the industry together. Do more than you ever thought possible – have more impact than you ever imagine.
The Developer Experience (DX) Team aims to build tools and processes, and integrate third-party software that increases Beacon’s engineers productivity. Do you want to bring them tools and products that they enjoy using, making their journey in the company unforgettable? The Developer Experience Team is hiring to support Beacon’s hyper-growth by enabling new engineers to be immediately productive.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously understand and improve Beacon Engineers’ tools and automations
- Pick new work autonomously, working to unblock yourself when stuck either by reaching out for help or finding other solutions in an asynchronous, remote, distributed culture
- Write clear documentation, tests, and recommendations for technical problems
- Provide compassionate pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others, including providing thoughtful, constructive feedback
- Delivering delightful improvement to Beacon’s engineers in an Agile way.
What you’ll need:
- Passionate about improving developer experience and productivity, with a desire to automate
- Experience with service development and integration with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or equivalent Cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience in Java, C#, C++, Go, Kotlin or other modern object-oriented programming language
- Experience in Typescript, Python, bash, Ruby or other scripting language
- Be comfortable with written and oral communication in English and ability to explain technical issues
- Have a passion for building simple and elegant software solutions.