Beacon is a digital supply chain and freight platform. Our mission is to help businesses simplify and optimise their supply chains with end-to-end visibility, payments, and insights.
In addition to our supply chain visibility platform, we provide door-to-door freight services across all modes of transport through a growing carrier network which includes more than 100 partners in over 30 countries around the world.
As many of the problems our customers face have persisted for decades, we’re looking for problem solvers, big thinkers and curious optimists to help us build the future of logistics and finance. Since we started in 2018, our London-based team has grown at scale and we’ve opened our first international office in Hong Kong.
Beacon has been working remotely since March 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and as we look forward to the world opening up again, we have an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Manager to join our team to source, furnish and manage an entirely new dedicated space.
What you’ll do:
- Full ownership of scoping, sourcing and relocation to our new London HQ office to support a team of 300+ employees.
- Create and manage a ‘hybrid working model’ with adherence to government guidelines, as well as team preferences & engagement at the forefront of our strategy.
- Oversight of an Office Manager and Receptionist.
- Vendor and supplier management (incl. landlord/building management company, cleaning, security, food and beverage, etc.)
- Provide regular updates to your fellow Beaconeers via Slack and/or Google Suite (as required) on all things facilities.
- Work closely and maintain relationships with Security, Finance, People, IT Support and community support teams.
- Present proposals for improvements, new ideas, techniques, procedures, services and/or products – with a focus on ideas for innovative utilisation of space.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in sourcing, relocating and managing facilities for fast growing companies.
- Experience leading and managing teams of office managers/receptionists.
- Demonstrable experience in creative space solutions.
- Organised and proactive approach to solving problems.